Thursday, November 25, 2010

Scent-i

Scent. It brings out the best and worst in me. I remember events and people through scents. There are times that I get happy  and find myself smiling by myself in public transport because I smelled something that reminded me of my childhood, like when I smell someone wearing the cologne I used to wear when I was in my "tween years".

Early today, on my way home, I was riding the trike and beside me was this guy. I do not know him, nor did I really look at him, since it was around 5-ish in the morning (and the fact that he is a stranger, I think it would be rude to stare). It was really windy and I was able to get a whiff of his cologne. All I know is he smells like someone I knew. I remembered the person. And I don't really enjoy remembering the said person because it brings back a lot of hate and revenge memories, and memories I've already forgotten or chose to forget; but they just came back because of that one stimulus.

No comments:

Post a Comment